Saturday 14 August 2010

Home grown dinners

This is my haul from the allotment this week. I don't expect you to be impressed (but please note the size of the onion, which I am quite proud of). We share what we grow at work between at least 6 or 7 of us, and if you add one bulb of garlic, some tomatoes, french beans, rocket, one carrot and the smallest spuds you have ever seen, from the garden at home, I have managed to accumulate enough ingredients for two almost-homegrown meals.
I did allow myself a couple of extras - the baked courgette stuffing, came with breadcrumbs, feta cheese and pine nuts, the stewed rhubarb for pudding definitely needed some sugar plus a dollop of yoghurt, and I supplemented the sort-of-niceoiseian salad with roasted artichoke hearts and mozzarella. I did take photos of the end result, but presentation has never been my strong point, and both dishes tasted much better than they looked. However, there were no other diners, as husband is still in far flung climates surviving on hotel room service meals, so you'll have to take my word for it.

1 comment:

  1. Still more than I can get from my windowsill! And baked courgettes with breadcrumbs, feta and pine nuts sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete